WINTER VACCINATIONS UPDATE
We are now giving flu vaccinations to eligible patients (please see list at the bottom of this post to see if you are eligible). Please contact us on 01978 860625 to book an appointment.
We have not been commissioned to give Covid vaccinations this year. These will be given by the health board who will be contacting eligible patients by letter with an appointment. Unfortunately we do not have a timescale for this.
Eligible Groups for Flu Vaccination:
- People aged 65 years and older and those turning 65 before or on 31 March 2024
- children aged two and three years on 31 August 2023
- people aged six months to 64 years with a long term health condition including:
- Chronic respiratory disease such as asthma requiring regular inhaled steroids, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic heart disease
- Chronic kidney disease at stage 3, 4 or 5
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease
- Learning disability
- Severe mental illness
- Immunosuppression due to disease such as HIV/AIDS or treatment such as cancer treatment (and household contacts of at risk individuals)
- Asplenia or dysfunction of the spleen
- Morbidly obese (class III obesity). This is defined as those with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or above, aged 16 or over
- Pregnant women
- Unpaid carers
- Homeless people
- Community First Responders
Please note that those aged 50 - 64 years who do not have a long term health condition are, unfortunately, not eligible for a free flu vaccination this year.